About this page
This page explains which segments of a page are easy to edit using the Kaizen Platform UI editor.
About the UI editor
The Kaizen Platform UI editor helps creating design Variations and implements these into A/B tests. Quickly move elements around the page, adjust color, font size, etc.
Basic functions of the UI editor
To start the UI editor, choose any existing Experiment and click the + Create Variation-button in the top right corner.
When the mouse moves across the screen, the page elements are highlighted in a blue frame. Select one and a dropdown with functions appears.
- Drag position : drag elements to move them across the page
- Remove : remove elements
- Edit text : make text variations
- Insert image : adjust or insert images. Sizes below 2MB
- Show original : display the original design
- Show preview : open a preview of your new design. All operational functions, like buttons, already work.
HTML and Style edits
- Edit HTML: edit HTML of a selected element
- Edit Style: edit HTML of a selected
style=""-element. CSS can be inserted.
- Custom jQuery Code: add a jQuery code to a selected element.
Direct edits to the code
- StyleSheet tab: CSS will be added to the test page later.
Edits to pages with restricted access by UI editor
To edit login pages, first login and next open the UI editor.
|Q: The CSS code I entered into the CSS tab doesn’t seem to be applied to the page. What is happening?||A: Possibly, the original page cannot be overwritten. For more, see Working order of the StyleSheet.|
|Q: When I upload an image, where is it saved？||A: Uploaded images are saved on the Kaizen Platform server.|
|Q: Which design should I edit in my first Experiment?||A: Changing images or button-colours is relatively easy, and is recommended for your first A/B Test. Simple things like changing the color of a button is known to increase traffic by 10%~20% in some cases.|
|Q: Is there a limit on the image size we can upload?||A: Kaizen Platform has just increased the limit, to 2MB per image with a maximum of 10MB per Variation.|
|Q: Can I edit images in the UI editor?||A: No. The Kaizen Platform UI editor cannot be used to edit images. You can create alternative pages by replacing the whole image. To edit an image, please use your image editing software first, and next replace the image.|